The 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team
FranklinCovey® and ATD New Orleans are excited to offer a unique, one-time experience for leaders. The 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team training, based on the book Everyone Deserves A Good Manager, will be held in New Orleans on February 4th 2020. It will be led by co-author Victoria Roos-Olsson. The book is a current Wall Street Journal best-seller. This training, 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team, will equip leaders with tools and strategies to become a manager who leads an engaged, high-performing team.
Many organizations under-invest in the development of their first-level leaders, not realizing how important and critical they are to the business results. First-level leaders have a direct influence on customer experience, innovation and employee loyalty. They are, in fact, the carriers and creators of your entire culture. It is business critical to give your unit leaders the mindset, skillset, and toolset they need in order to succeed.
This hands-on training will be a one-day work session. You will receive the participant’s guide with your registration of $149. (The regular cost for a participant kit is $230).
$149 - and guides are included.
9:00am – 4:00pm
Breakfast & Lunch are included
Parking is included.
Victoria Roos-Olsson Bio
The Challenge For First-Level Leaders
First-level leaders make a significant impact on every metric in your business: employee productivity and engagement, customer satisfaction and loyalty, innovation, and financial performance. They are the creators and carriers of culture for their teams and directly influence whether top talent stays or leaves. They are frequently responsible for the quality of the customer experience, and first-level leaders and their teams are the biggest source of product and process innovation. Your first-level leaders are the “Difference-Makers” in your business.
The 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team helps participants:
- Develop a Leader’s Mindset | Explore the critical mindset shifts that will maximize your success as a leader of others.
- Hold Regular 1-on-1s | Increase engagement of team members by conducting regular 1-on-1s, deepen your understanding of team member issues, and help them solve problems for themselves.
- Set Up Your Team to Get Results | Create clarity about team goals and results; delegate responsibility to team members while providing the right level of support.
- Create a Culture of Feedback | Give feedback to develop team member confidence and competence; improve your own performance by seeking feedback from others.
- Lead Your Team Through Change | Identify specific actions to help team members navigate and accelerate through change and achieve better performance.
Manage Your Time and Energy | Use weekly planning to focus on the most important priorities, and strengthen your ability to be an effective leader by applying the 5 Energy Drivers.
For more about this event, read, The 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team flyer.
ATD Competency Model
This event will address the following ATD
Foundational Competencies and Areas of Expertise:
Areas of Expertise
- Business Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Skills
- Performance Management
- Integrated Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management